Get update before get lock when starting to change a document

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Hi

Would it be possible to change OfficeSVN to automatically update from the repository and takes the lock on the document being edited? So typed changing is not lost.

I have tried to compile the source code, but get an error about signed key. Is it possible for me to get that key?

Lars

Mar 16, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Hi Lars,

that´s a great idea. The password for the signed keys is officesvn (lowercase). Let me know if you want to upload your changes.

Philipp

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:18 PM
Hi Philipp

I have som problems when I compile your solution (37097).

1) When I installed the compiled version, I can't see OfficeSVN toolbar. So I go to VS2008 and there I can't see the toolbar, but the source behind I can. I got an error message like this:

The designer must create an instance of type 'System.Windows.Forms.AxHost' but it cannot because the type is declared as abstract.

2) Then I tried an early version (24445). Her I get another error. If I open Word and the open the document and tried to get lock, Word craches and must be restarted. From here it works perfect.

I cannot figure out what might be wrong.

Can you help me?

When I have solved these things I will upload the things I have changed to you.

Lars

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 13:52:57 -0700
Subject: Re: Get update before get lock when starting to change a document [officesvn:205044]

Hi Lars,
that´s a great idea. The password for the signed keys is officesvn (lowercase). Let me know if you want to upload your changes.
Philipp

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (officesvn@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email officesvn@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com