Unable to get it to work with Excel 2007 sheet

May 9, 2010 at 2:52 AM
Edited May 9, 2010 at 3:04 AM

Hello Philipp,

shure this plugin is great, but I can't get it to work. I use Excel 2007 SP2 german and have a working copy of a svn repository.

Clicking on an excel file to open it, doesn't show the OfficeSVN ribbon in the menue. After several tries I found out, that it's there but has no title and therefore it's only shown when passing the mouse cursor over it.

The ribbon only appears, when Excel is opened first and then the sheet is opened from within Excel.

Greetings

Max

----

Did some new tests an there's a new issue

Saving a new Excel sheet in a directory of a working copy didn't activate none of the buttons/icons. Closing the sheet and reopening it activates the Add icon. Clicking on it causes an error window to appear, saying:

Office SVN - Error: SharpSvn.SvnAuthorizationException: Can't open file 'C:\tmp\test\trunk\excel\MySheet2.xlsx': The process can not access the file, because it is used by another process. ... (the second part of the sentence is a translation from german to english)

Adding the file with Tortoise and opening it with Excel now shows the 'Subversion information' tab with repository informations (path, rev), but all icons are deactivated.